Cismigiu Garden

Back
l_22185

It is one of the oldest parks in Bucharest, inaugurated in 1854 right in the heart of the city, in front of the headquarters of the Capital’s City Hall.

The lake located in the Cismigiu Park is formed by natural sources, being called in former times “Merchant Dura’s Pond”. In 1779, on the spot where we now have the Cismigiu Park there was one of the water cisterns that ensured the drinking water for the city. The park, arranged by the Viennese landscapist Carl F.W.Meyer, shelters secular trees, protected by law.

Location